Bella Vita at Nueplex
Images taken from Bella Vita's Facebook page.
Heading to a movie at Nueplex, my friends and I noticed we had some time to spare. Since we were all quite hungry, we decided to stop at Bella Vita to grab a quick snack.
What We Ordered:
The Soup of the Day (Cream of Mushroom Soup with Chicken)
Nachos Supreme
Chicken and Mushroom Casserole
We were the only customers at the time so the service was quite good. The waiter was polite and professional and at the time of placing the order, he explained that the casserole might take a bit longer to arrive. For the soup, he said there was an option to add chicken which would cost Rs.100 more. I opted for the soup with chicken.
The soup arrived first: piping hot and served with warm garlic bread. For a cream of mushroom soup, I felt it lacked the creamy texture and flavor. The best chicken and mushroom soup I've had in Karachi, to date, is at Butler's and this one didn't even come close to competing with that. The flavors were decent but once I ran out of garlic bread, I noticed that the soup was lacking salt.
The nachos serving size is great for sharing with one or two friends. Crunchy tortilla chips are topped with olives, jalapenos, minced meat, tomatoes and mozzarella cheese. They're served with sour cream and salsa. The onslaught of flavors is mind blowing, making these nachos one of the best ones available in Karachi.
The casserole was the last dish to arrive, as we had been warned. It wasn't exactly what we were expecting but proved to be quite a good choice. A creamy filling of chicken, mushroom and corn baked in a crumbling pastry, it was served with fries and a hot, tangy sauce.
A pretty good experience, overall. Although we didn't order any desserts during this quick stop, I've tried the Bella Vita chocolate cake on a previous occasion and I'd just like to add that it's absolutely heavenly! Rich, scrumptious and absolutely to-die-for. Make sure you try that out next time you find yourself there.



.jpg)

No comments:
Post a Comment